Friday, February 10, 2012

Sushi Ninjas ~ Crispy Shrimp Roll

I have been eagerly awaiting the grand opening of this truck! I love sushi!!!!  Sushi on wheels? Even better!
They parked in Mission Valley, and sadly it was an all but deserted area. I walk up and I say, "I've been dying to try you guys!" and a handsome face poked through the window and said:
"Ah! Are you Amy?"  
"Yup! That's me!" I said.
This tells me that either they are very customer oriented and pay attention to their facebook and twitter accounts . . .  or I post way too much on facebook and twitter and I'm just THAT memorable.


Danny and I had a pleasant conversation about food trucks and gatherings and good places to park the truck while the other guy, (SO sorry I didn't catch your name!), made my Crispy Shrimp Roll. It was a pair of beautiful cut rolls with shrimp tails stickin' out the back of them.  Tempura shrimp, spicy crab, avocado, rolled up with a crispy coating with eel sauce over the top. Love that stuff!

I had every intention of eating it when I got home . . . . it didn't even make it up the hill!  Shrimp, tasty. Crab, not spicy at all, but good flavor. Nice ripe avocado made for a smooth creamy texture. What I loved, Loved, LOVED was the crispy bits. Great flavor, awesome texture combo with the creaminess. I look forward to seeing these new comers over and over again!

No comments:

Post a Comment