Friday, February 10, 2012

First Trip To Mira Mesa Monday


I heard it said that there was a Gathering of Food Trucks up in Mira Mesa. Its ooooonly a 15 minute drive from my house, but I was hungry. The Gathering was amazing. There were 8 or 9 trucks, all with a amazing food choices and long lines. The LIVE DJ there was spinning some old school 90s tracks as I was carefully looking over the menus.  As a meat and potatoes kinda girl, I was lured by the intoxicating aroma of Texas Style BBQ wafting from the Super Q truck. My mind was made up!   I happily took my two over stuffed Texas BBQ Beef Brisket Sliders to the tables that were set up there. In between bites of Brisket ecstasy, I just barely managed a happy food truck conversation with a nice couple sitting next to me. They also had Super Q and highly recommended their Three Cheese Mac-N-Cheese. As a self-proclaimed lover of all things barbecued, my taste buds screamed out their thanks as I ate. The meat was tender and cooked to perfection, and the sauce was sweet and tangy with a hint of heat. Not enough to make you sweat or cry, just enough to make your lips tingle.
http://www.superqfoodtruck.com/bbq/


After I was done with my sliders, I felt I still had room for more. I look to my right and there is a whimsically painted truck that proclaims that it sold Sweet Treats. Perfect!, I thought. Dinner and desert! I looked in their glass cases prominently displayed on the side of the vehicle.  My goodness but they were sold out of almost everything! But I immediately spied two things that I just had to have. One for now, and one for later, Amy, don't be greedy, I told myself. I chose a Red Velvet Cupcake and the Chocolate Peanut Butter Tower. I looked at my watch and saw that I was late for my other hobby, karaoke, so I took them to go. On the way to the bar, the Red Velvet Cupcake started calling my name. With one hand on the wheel, the other hand ignored my instructions and somehow found it's way into the cupcake box. What can ya do? My first thought was I hope this is not one of those cheater Red Velvets where they put red dye into chocolate cake. I took one bite and in mid chew, I proclaimed out loud "Oh! THAT'S real!"  Possibly the most delectable RV cupcake i have ever had the pleasure of eating. The next day I tried out that Choco/BP Tower. It was gorgeous to look at, the texture was both creamy and mousey, but also very rich and sweet. Perhaps a bit too rich. I was only able to eat 2 bites before putting my spoon down. Delicious to be sure, but it took me a couple days to finish it off because I could only eat so much at a time.
http://sweettreatstruck.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment