Friday, February 10, 2012

Devilicious ~ Butter Poached Lobster Grilled Cheese


I was at home, and decided to look into dinner. I checked the app on my phone that helps me find where all the local trucks are. Right down the hill in Mission Valley the Devilicious truck was setting up for dinner service. I chose the Butter Poached Lobster Grilled Cheese and the Truffled Parm Fries. . . oh yea, and a Pepsi. I loved how all their entrees come with a green salad with balsamic vinaigrette.


http://deviliciousfoodtruck.com/
The Grilled Cheese was amazing! I was thinking that there was going to be little strips of shredded lobster meat, but I was surprised to find nice big chunks of lobster. And the caramelized onions added the perfect flavor touch. As someone who despises mushrooms, I was wary of trying out the fries. I know truffles are extremely expensive fungi, and are supposed to be a bit hoity-toyti la-ti-da. So, for the sake of saying I tried it, and pure curiosity,  I tried them.  I find that if you use thin cut crispy fries that aren't overly oily, and pair it with thick shavings of fresh Parmesan cheese and truffle salt, it ain't half bad!  They left me begrudgingly licking my fingers. 

No comments:

Post a Comment